1. By bidding in the live or silent auctions, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
2. All sales are
final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items
are “as is.”
3. The value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax advisor to clarify amount of deduction.
4. Restaurant certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
5. Payment for
items purchased must be made in full on the night of the auction to the
6. Following payments, you may pick up your purchases in the check out area. You must show your paid receipt for items to be picked up.
7. The purchaser
must pick up all items the night of the auction, unless special arrangements
are made. Any item left unclaimed, without prior arrangements, will be sold and
proceeds will go to the
8. East County Senior Center reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
9. Unless otherwise specified, all auction certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction.
10. Each person
bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained
at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising
1. All items in the Silent Auction have bid sheets next to them or on a table nearby. When you want to bid, you do so by writing your bid numbers on the bid sheet opposite the amount you want to bid. Your bid number is your identification during the auction. You will be given a bid number at registration time. You will receive a large bid card for the live auction and a small bid card to carry with you for the silent auction.
2. You do not have to take the next available bid amount. You may skip ahead on the sheet to find the amount you want to bid. The next bidder must pick an amount higher than yours to be a successful bidder.
3. If you really want an item, just write your bid number opposite the amount labeled “Guaranteed Purchase” and you have bought the item. Once you write your number on the guaranteed purchase line, the bidding on that item is concluded. Please draw a diagonal line through the previous bid spaces to help the silent auction closing officials.
4. You may bid on any items in any silent auction section until the section is closed. Bidding for items in the silent auction sections will close at the times posted. A silent auction official will circle the top bid number and amount. You can see if you are the successful purchaser by looking at a copy of the silent auction bid sheet, which will be left in its place after the section is closed.
5. In the event of a dispute, the Auction Chair will act as final authority.
1. Live auction items may be previewed in the designated live auction area from the time the doors open. Please feel free to examine the items and note any restrictions, limitations, sizes, etc.
2. The live auction will begin at 7:30 p.m. and will continue without intermission until all items have been auctioned.
3. To enter a bid, the bidder holds up their bid card so that the auctioneer or one of the spotters can see it. Use only the bid number assigned to you. The auctioneer will determine who the successful bidder is. Please hold your card so that the number can be seen easily.
4. Successful bidders for the live auction must sign a receipt. At that time, they should verify that the bid number, amount, and item description are correct.
5. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have sole and final discretion to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer the item in dispute.
6. Value set forth for items being auctioned are donor’s estimates and are not warranted by the auction for general value.